Monday, November 19, 2007

Amazing Slides of Iran

With all of the spin in the mainstream media about Iran, it can become so easy to buy into the demonization of the entire country. A colleague forwarded me a link to Jadid Online. It has some amazing slide shows of life in Iran and it covers a wide range of issues from the Iranian perspective. My favorite so far is "The Heart and Soul of Isfahan." These slide shows really put a human face on what we, by and large, do not see here in the mainstream media - a complex and nuanced picture of a 7,000-year civilization.

1 comment:

Mark Pyruz said...

Carah:
Thanks for the link. Yes, these images are amazing. I visited Tehran in 1975, so you can imagine how much has changed since then. Sometimes I can't believe my own eyes when I see pics and videos of modern Tehran.